Saturday, March 12, 2016

Curriculum Based Measurements

I didn't realize that screening tests are based on curriculum based measurements. It makes a lot of sense, but I never made the connection before. EasyCMB will be a great tool to use for progress monitoring. It helps the teacher because they can use what is available, or change it to fit the student. The fluency may need to be changed because the students may not have been exposed to those words yet. Because my students will be in special education they will not always be at grade level, so these measurements will not be accurate for them.

I thought that it was really cool that the math offers an online test to take as well. This would be good for students who struggle with writing. They could do this on an iPad or a computer. Both the math and reading will be a great help to me as a new teacher. It will give me something to start with and change if I need to. I think this site is going to be very helpful.

No comments:

Post a Comment