Monday, January 11, 2016

About Me

Hello!

My name is Kaylee Stonerock. I am a Special Education major, with endorsements in Cognitive Impairments and Leaning Disabilities. I love reading, it is my favorite hobby and the perfect getaway from everyday stresses. I work somewhat full time at Home Depot. Somewhat because I only work 40 hours a week when I am out of school. I am currently in Paint, but I have worked as a Cashier, Service Desk, Appliances, and Head Cashier. I have been there for 2 and a half years. I help on different committees at my job and volunteer when I get a chance.

I am a Black Belt in Tang Soo Do. I received my black belt when I was 15. I helped my father teach classes from 11-15 and then took over my won location from 16-19. It was a lot of fun and taught helped my narrow down my choices for school. Some of the students I had helped me realize I wanted to work with Special Education students.

I have used PowerPoint, Elmos, projectors, iPads, and other basic technology in classrooms so far. I hope to get more experience with Smart Boards this semester. I want to use iPads and Smart Boards a lot in my classroom. I would also like to use Classroom Dojo, Epic!, and some time of blog website in my classroom. Classroom Dojo would be a part of my classroom management. I would keep it up all day and help students see their behavior in real time. Epic! is basically a Netflix for books. It has so many different choices for students. They are all e-books and students can pick what they want to read. I would love to have a blog for my students to create and contribute to. This will give them a way to express themselves.

Above are my parents and my two dogs, Myah and Ryley. I love dogs and love my two. My parents have been the biggest supporters of my education and I wouldn't be where I am today without them. 

Fall 2015 I was at Stocking Elementary for my Teacher Assisting. 
Winter 2016 I am at Lowell High School for Student Teaching. 

2 comments:

  1. Hello Kaylee,
    Reading can be a great way to escape the real world. Whats your best book that you would recommend to anyone?
    The fact that you got a black belt at the age of 15, that is so cool. Hopefully you can give me some tips.
    Good luck on your placement this semester. Your students are going to love you!

    -G.Salinas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The best book? That's hard, I have so many! I just read Counting By 7s, which was awesome. I have also read 13 Reasons Why, and that book was absolutely amazing!

      Delete